Eagle Brand pumpkin pie recipe. Yes, I'm referring to the one on the back of the Eagle Brand Condensed Milk can that most of us grew up with. Now before you start harping on me for not having ingenuity, let me defend myself by saying if it ain't broken, don't fix it. That is a great basic pumpkin pie recipe and given the pie dough used, it can become even better.
Classic Pumpkin Pie Recipe with Bourbon Whipped Cream
Adapted from: Eagle Brand Pumpkin Pie & Bourbon Maple Whipped Cream
- 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin puree
- 1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. Cool. Garnish as desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
- Bourbon Whipped Cream
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, very cold
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped out and reserved
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Grade B maple syrup
- 1 to 3 tablespoons bourbon
Combine the cream, vanilla seeds, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and bourbon, to taste, in a large chilled bowl, and whip until soft peaks form. Scoop dollops onto individual pieces of pie.