Mashed Potato Casserole
- 2 cups or so of leftover mashed potatoes (slightly reheadted as it's easier to mix)
- 1/2 can of seasoned lima beans
- 1-2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Rondele spread
- 1/2 stalk of a leek, diced
- Handful of mushrooms, sliced
- Shredded cheese (any variety)
- 2-4 tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs
Preheat the oven to 375 F. Prep the casserole pan (I didn't really do anything other than take it out of the cabinet).
Saute the leek and mushrooms in a frying pan for a few minutes (until the mushrooms appear mostly cooked and the leek becomes aromatic).
In a bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, lima beans, heavy cream, cheese spread, leek and mushroom saute, and most of the shredded cheese. Once this looks well incorporated, transfer it to the casserole pan and smooth out the top. Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese and a few tablespoons of bread crumbs over the top. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let the dish cool for a few minutes and serve up while still warm.