Saturday, October 13, 2012

Local Eats: The Pump Cafe

The world has a funny look to it when in the midst of a hectic travel schedule, as if wearing hue colored glasses. I certainly felt this way this past week as thousands of miles passed beneath my feet. I went here, there, and every damn crack in between. I can safely say that if anyone told me I could give up driving and flying for a good long while I'd likely thank them for it. Anyhoo, one of the perks of being the road so much is getting to try new foodie establishments.
Near the beginning of my adventures, I had the opportunity to visit the Pump Cafe in Springfield, OR and was pleasantly surprised at the good eats happening here. Nom, nom, nom. The breakfast was filling, hearty, and delicious - that's winning in my book. Needless to say this joint met my standards as a hangover establishment.
The place has a wonderful feel to it, country farm americana, with endless cups of good joe. The place seems to always have a bit of a crowd, but everyone is super sweet and very mellow in their quest for good food. Their counter bar is quite a favorite with locals, from what I hear.
The food was beyond scrumptious and is definitely within the definition of family style. Huge plates for huge appetites, no one goes home hungry from here. Next time you have a hankering for brunch and are near Main Street, Springfield, make sure to give the Pump Cafe a try. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment