Hi spring, welcome to the neighborhood. I've missed you ever so much.
One of the first places the signs of spring abound is near the waterway that runs through our beautiful town, the Willamette River. Sadly, when I am out on the road I don't get to see much of this taking place.
Being self-employed (outside of the cooking realm) keeps me busier than I would like to admit. Last week was spent traveling and training, followed by a hellish day of attempting to battle airports and the friendly skies. Anyone who flew through SFO last Friday will sympathize here. To kill time and use free wi-fi, I often spend my layover hours browsing current recipe trends. When I am away from the oven, my mind fills with daydreams of baked goods and tasty treats. A few of my current wish list items include:
- Lavender Macaroons With Orange Honey Buttercream by Baked Perfection (omg these look amazing)
- Sprinkle Bakes version of Sparkling Champagne Cupcakes
- Corn Macaroni With Asparagus Fava Beans by Vegalicious
- A leftover from the holidays, Eggnog Pound Cake With Crystal Run Glaze by My Baking Addiction
- Jamie's Grand Marnier Cupcakes from Three Many Cooks
- Chocolate Shavings version of Sun Dried Tomato, Goat Cheese, & Olive Loaf