If you live in Oregon, you've likely discovered Cafe Yumm. Therefore, discovering Yumm Sauce. This, my friends, is a little jar of magic. Put it on anything, ANYTHING, and taste the rainbow of flavors.
I literally have friends who have this stuff shipped across the country to eat. And it's worth every penny.
On a rainy day, I bet you most Oregonians contemplate having or making a Yumm bowl. While the restaurants serve delicious bowls, I prefer to make my own with all of my favorite ingredients. The concept is simple. Start with a bed of cooked rice and some type of beans, add your favorite fresh veggies and condiments, top with Yumm Sauce and presto - homemade yumm bowl!! Listed below are the steps for one of my staple meals. Enjoy!
- 3 cups cooked white rice (basmati, jasmin)
- 1 jar Cafe Yumm sauce
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 small can sliced black olives, rinsed
- 1/3 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 container fresh or store-bought salsa
- 1 container sour cream
- 1-2 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 head red cabbage, diced
- Shredded cheese of your choice
- *nice additions: shredded carrot, cucumber, tortilla chips, field greens, brown rice, quinoa