Friday, May 27, 2011

Local Eats: Red Agave


Back in the day when I used to reside in Las Vegas, I had a habit of having nights out on the town where with the assistance of kind friends we would seriously indulge in our love of food. Quality was top priority, including the vino, and we had the most deliciously sinful and exquisite dinners. Even though I no longer have the restaurant mecca that is Las Vegas as my foodie ground, getting to know Eugene's local fine dining has been a pleasure and recently with the great company of the Dude. Last night's foodie adventure: Red Agave Restaurant & Cantina. Always a show stopper, in my book. And one of the very few places in town where you can order a Roma (if I'm not mistaken, they invented it!) or a Log Cabin, complete with hunks of bacon as garnish. 


We started off our foodie adventure with a few tapas: Ahi Ceviche and Seared Scallops with Dungeoness Crab Hash. If you hadn't picked up on it yet, I fell off of my vegetarian band wagon for this one. I can't tell you the last time I had a scallop, let alone a buttery, heavenly one. It was decadent! On a funny side note, if you look really hard you can see my dinner mate in the spoon's surface (kind of Escher-esque).


And the Ahi Ceviche tasted fresh, complex with the avocado sauce, and definitely is a new favorite of mine.


For dinner the Dude went with the Anderson Ranch Lamb Birria while I jumped into a plate of Poblano Chile Relleno. Both were astoundingly good, although the mole sauce that came with my dish was extra amazing. We paired up the meal with a bottle of tempranillo and had a grand old time of things. My advice: don't miss the opportunity to dine here. Whether it be an early dinner, a birthday celebration, or a late night snack over drinks, Red Agave will delight your taste buds. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment