Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Moving!

I hadn't realized that I let a month go by without a post on here - bad chef! However, I did have a good reason. I promise!


I moved. Again.

Some friends complain that they can no longer maintain my address in their address books as I have filled it up. While they grossly exaggerate, I can understand their frustration. In an effort to stop annoying close pals (and other reasons), I finally found myself a nice little house complete with a monster sized yard to house the feathered ladies.

The ladies enjoying a run around their new digs, with Inara up front.

One of the things that has recently prevented be from baking, cooking, and making a messy kitchen is the new garden. With summer halfway over, we ramped up our efforts and started a garden at the new place. 

Small it  may seem, but ever hopeful with eggplant, lemon cucumber, peppers, and tomatoes. 


And to bring some good karma... prayer flags.


One of the most delightful discoveries at the new place are sunchokes - in abundance! Viewed here with 'wild' roses. I am already planning recipes based upon the giant patch in the backyard. 

Be on the lookout for more yummy treats and nosh in the very near future. Our house warming backyard shindig (complete with blankets, movie on projector, and mini panda cakes) is sure to please the crowds. Stay swell!

No comments:

Post a Comment